High-energy ICD with Home Monitoring technology
Drug therapy, electrolyte imbalance or disease progression can affect defibrillation thresholds. Up to 10 % of all ICD patients have DFTs higher than 18 J.1 For this patient group, BIOTRONIK’s Xelos® DR-T offers additional safety features in ICD therapy.
Up to 36 J shocks are available for high defibrillation thresholds.
BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring Service
An exterior patient device sends trend and event messages automatically from the Xelos DR-T to BIOTRONIK's service center using the cellular phone network. Subsequently, the physician receives a detailed report on the patient's cardiac status.
Critical patients need special attention
BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring® automatically alerts you in case of reduced therapy efficacy (ATPs, shocks, maximum energy shocks and system performance).
Continuous monitoring of disease progression
The transmitted data allow you to monitor ventricular and atrial arrhythmias, as well as the effectiveness of the delivered therapies.
Daily system check
Both the ICD and the lead status remain under your control. BIOTRONIK Home Monitoring informs you automatically, online, and at anytime.
Unique biphasic shock waves
In critical cases, reversed polarity and a short second phase (2 ms) can reduce the defibrillation threshold.2,3,4,5
1) Shukla H.H., Flaker G.C., Jayam V., et al. High defibrillation thresholds in transvenous biphasic implantable defibrillators: clinical predictors and prognosis implications. Pace 2003; 26 [Pt. I]: 44 – 48
2) Merkely B., Lubinski A., Kiss O., et al. Shortening the second phase duration of biphasic shocks: effects of class II antiarrhythmic drugs on defibrillation efficacy in humans. J Cardiovascular Electrophysiol 2001; 12: 824 – 827
3) Shorofsky S.R., Gold M.R. Effect of second-phase duration on the strength-duration relation for human transvenous defibrillation. Circulation 2000; 102: 2239 – 2242
4) Huang J., KenKnight B.H., Walcott G.P., et al. Effects of transvenous electrode polarity and waveform duration on the relationship between defibrillation threshold and upper limit of vulnerability. Circulation, 1997; 96: 1351 – 1359
5) Schauerte P., Schondube F.A., Grossmann M., et al. Influence of phase duration of biphasic waveforms on defibrillation energy requirements with a 70-µF capacitance. Circulation, May 26, 1998; 97 (20): 2073 – 2078
6) BIOTRONIK Masterstudy Kentrox ICD leads data on file
7) BIOTRONIK Masterstudy Kentrox ICD leads data on file, 104 patients, 401 episodes